Your First Day
Please see the Internship Programs Calendar for times and locations of the orientation and events.
- New interns, please go to the Badge Office according to your badge appointment time sent via email to your Berkeley Lab email address.
- Workforce Development & Education (WD&E) will provide returning interns with a badge at orientation (for those who don’t already have their badges).
Please be at the Laboratory promptly on the first day. During the morning, we will hold an orientation, advise you of your assignments, and take care of the administrative matters associated with getting you started.
You will meet your mentors and begin work in the afternoon.
You must bring with you:
- Your bus pass (bus passes will be emailed to you).
- A government-issued picture ID (e.g., a driver’s license).
How to Get to the Laboratory
Two shuttle bus routes go to the Laboratory: the Blue Route and the Orange Route. Either one will ultimately get you to your destination. Maps show each route and its stops, schedules, and other useful information. Be sure to read the “Instructions for Riders” and the “Instructions for Bicyclists,” if relevant.
Tell the driver where you are going and ask her/him to alert you at the stop.
If you have trouble or get lost, call the WD&E main office at (510) 486-5511.
*Note: Parking regulations do not allow participants to park at the Laboratory, so if you are a participant, you must take the shuttle.
Your First Week
You will need to accomplish a number of tasks during the first week:
- Change your LBNL LDAP password.
- Complete General Employee Radiation Training (GERT).
- Complete LBL 0010, Overview of Safety, Emergency Management & Trafficking Victims Protection (required from all participants; due before program begins).
- Complete Work Planning and Control (WPC).
- Complete the EHS MOU and turn it in to Workforce Development & Education (WD&E).
- Complete the Internship Work Plan and turn it in to WD&E.
- Update your LBNL Directory Listing.