BLEND: Berkeley Lab Exploration of New Discoveries
- A general introduction to the Lab
- A hands on activity
- A guest speaker or panel
- A facility tour
- Middle and High School (grades 6-12) students from schools and educational programs in the San Francisco Bay Area. Priority consideration will be given to schools and programs in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- Students, faculty and staff at US community colleges or universities.
- Groups whose students are not US citizens or enrolled in a US middle school, high school, community college, college or university must go through public tours to request a visit.
- A group must have a minimum of 12 students and a maximum of 32 students for a visit.
- For pre-college groups, there must be at least 1 adult chaperone per 8 students. There is a maximum of 4 adult chaperones including the teacher/program director.
- For community college and undergraduate groups, there is a maximum number of 4 faculty/program staff.
- Requests accepted: 4 September
- Visits begin: 1 October
- Visits end: 31 July
Requesting a Visit
- Visits requests must be submitted 30 days prior to the visit dates.
- Visits are on weekdays only and based on availability.
- Visits are cost-free.