Field Trip Checklist
Field trip checklist
- Submit your guest list at least two weeks prior to your visit or your visit will be cancelled.
- Be sure to print and sign your photo release form for each participant. Bring the signed photo release forms with you on your visit.
- Be sure that all adults in your group bring their photo ID with them.
- Make sure that your group has at least 1 adult chaperone (persons 18 and older) for each 8 students. The maximum number of adults is 6 including the teacher.
- Please be sure to notify us if your group will need any special accommodations i.e. wheelchairs, service animals, special transportation, special needs aides, etc.
- Bring lunches and water for all students and chaperones.
- Have students explain the advantages and disadvantages of cooking with copper, aluminum and iron frying pans using the information they gathered in the thermal conductivity activity. (Copper conducts heat the fastest and iron conducts heat the slowest)
- Use the chemical formula from the back of medicine/food container and have students identify the elements in the substance. Not all have the formula, some may just have a chemical name.
- Use the periodic table to identify metals and non-metals.
- Use a FOSS Magnetism and Electricity kit to check different materials for electrical conductivity.
- List the three parts of the “Fire Triangle” (fuel, temperature and oxygen) and have students give examples of removal of any one and how it effects a fire.